The 2021 Community Transport Awards Shortlist
28th September 2021
by Bill Freeman
Earlier this year we opened nominations for the 2021 Community Transport Awards and today we’re excited to announce the shortlisted organisations and individuals for each category.
Our online awards ceremony will be taking place at 6pm on 18 November and will be free to attend for all CTA members. The last year and a half has been a difficult one for everyone in the community transport sector, but time and again we’ve seen our members doing incredible work to support the people in their communities who need them the most. We’re excited to come together as a sector in November to recognise and celebrate their dedication.
In judging our nominees, our panel was overwhelmed by the incredible examples of community transport providers going above and beyond, in so many different ways, to support their communities throughout the coronavirus pandemic.
For most categories, our judges have chosen three shortlisted entries and the winners will be announced at our online awards ceremony on 18 November! Whether you were shortlisted or not, the quality of all our entries was incredibly high, and we’re proud to have you as our members.
Congratulations to all our finalists and thank you to our judging panel for giving up their time to assess the nominations. To find out who wins, make sure you join us at the 2021 Community Transport Awards, 6pm on 18 November – places are free for CTA members.
The Community Transport Awards 2021 Shortlists:
Community Transport Provider of the Year
Sponsored by our headline sponsors, Endsleigh Insurance
- Badenoch and Strathspey Community Transport
- Out and About Community Transport
Volunteer of the Year
- Ann Rodger – Larkhall and District Volunteer Group
- Hazel Johnston – Badenoch and Strathspey Community Transport
- Nigel Hinch – Ability CIC
Partnership of the Year
- Bristol Community Transport and Fare Share
- HcL Transport, Pilton Equalities Project and Scran Academy
- Larkhall & District Volunteer Group and Larkhall Community Network
Keeping in Touch
- Bridges Community Car Scheme
- Centre 81
- CT4N Charitable Trust
Volunteer Car Scheme of the Year
- HMR Circle Volunteer Drivers Service
- Stockport Car Scheme
- Tunbridge Wells Community Car Service
Community Transport Champion
- Aneurin Bevan University Health Board
- Brian Hughes – Welsh Border CT
- Elaine Allitt – CT4N Charitable Trust
Commitment to Sustainability and Lifetime Achievement
There’s no shortlist for these two awards, just an overall winner who will be announced on the night, so make sure you join us to find out who it is!
A huge thank you to our brilliant judging panel for taking the time to read and assess all our nominations.
- Martin Taylor, Endsleigh Insurance
- Jessica Davies, Social Finance
- Naomi Mason, Development Trusts Association Scotland
- Lee Robinson, Transport for Wales
- Ross Behrouzi, Department for Transport